(extended information on cookie management)
Owner of the data processing
The Data Controller of the data collected through the Site is Eight Twenty Srl, with registered office in Viale Gemona del Friuli 20, 00188 – Rome (RM), registered in the register of companies in Rome with the number REA 1235555, CF, VAT no. n. 10493101009 (hereinafter the Data Controller) ;
The data will be processed in accordance with the provisions of the applicable legislation on the protection of personal data and in particular of the EU Regulation 679/2016 (European Regulation for the protection of personal data).
Definition of Cookie
Cookies are small text files that the sites visited by the user send to the device used (for example computer, tablet, smartphone, notebook, etc.), where they are stored before being re-transmitted to the same sites at the next visit by the same user. Cookies may be subject to prior consent.
The cookie allows to identify the device in which it is stored for its entire period of validity or registration. During visits to the Site, the information relating to navigation data received from the user’s device may be stored in “cookies” installed on that device.
Cookies perform various functions and allow you to browse the Site efficiently, remembering user preferences and improving the browsing experience. They can also help personalize the advertisements shown during navigation and the marketing activities directed to him, ensuring that they are made in accordance with his interests and preferences.
Cookie settings can be changed at any time. Below you will find more information about the cookies used by the Site and how to manage the settings relating to them.
Types of cookies used
When connecting to the Site via the browser, cookies may be installed on the user’s device in order to recognize the device used, guarantee the use of the Site for the duration of the validity period of the cookies and collect information on access to the Site itself.
The connection with the site involves the installation of two different types of cookies:
- first-party cookies, sent directly by eigh t-twenty to the user’s device.
- third party cookies, originating from a third party but sent on behalf of Eight Twenty .
Purpose of the cookies used
The cookies used on the Site can be distinguished according to their purpose:
- Technical Cookies: their use is strictly limited to the transmission of session identification data (random numbers generated by the server), necessary to allow safe and efficient exploration of the Site; they are not stored permanently on the user’s computer and disappear when the browser is closed. The use of these cookies is aimed at the security and improvement of the service offered.
- Cookie Analytics: the Owner uses analytics cookies in order to analyze the number of users and how the Site is used, information that is collected in aggregate form. In this case, they are comparable to technical cookies and do not require the acquisition of consent otherwise, their use is allowed with the prior authorization of the user (eg analytics cookies of a Third Party that combines them with other processing).
- Profiling cookies: their use requires the acquisition of the user’s consent allows the creation of user profiles: these cookies are used to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the user while surfing the net or to improve the browsing experience. These cookies can be used for these purposes only with the user’s consent.
Management of cookie preferences
It is possible to select the preferences relating to cookies through a special window on the Site during the first access.
Subsequently, the user can always update his preferences by accessing the “Cookie Preferences” available at the bottom of the web pages visited.
Connection to Social Networks
The Site contains links to social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, etc. (called plug ins). By clicking on the social network icon, the Site connects directly to the latter, displaying the specific page of the Eight Twenty .
Even if the user is not registered to social networks, websites with active links can send data to social networks. Through an active link , a cookie with an encoding will be set each time you access the Site. Since the user’s browser at each connection with a server of a network sends this cookie without request, the network could create a profile that recalls the websites that the user has visited. In this case, it is possible to trace the encoding to a person, for example when the user connects to the social network.
If the user does not want to associate the visit of the pages of the Site with his social account, he must log off according to the methods offered by the main social networks to allow the user to disable connections with social networks .
For more information on the processing and use of data through social networks, as well as on the settings for the protection of privacy, it is advisable to check the privacy policies of the respective social networks or websites .
The links in question are as follows:
Management of cookies through browser settings
Almost all Internet browsers allow you to check which cookies are present on your device , block all cookies or receive a warning every time a cookie is installed. In some cases, however, failure to install a cookie may make it impossible to use some parts of the Site.